(Note: Click here for step-by-step instructions on registering for TRI-State Connection SLYDE 2010)
1. Q: What time will the event begin on Friday and Saturday?
A: On Friday, the event will begin at 7:00 p.m. On Saturday, activities begin at 9:00 a.m. with workshops from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and competition category preliminaries from 3:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Evening events will begin at 5:30 p.m. For a complete Schedule of the Weekend Events, go to the Schedule link.
2. Q: During the competition hour, will there be an opportunity to dance?
A: Yes, there will be plenty of opportunity to dance between competition categories as well as dancing after the competition until 4 a.m.
3. Q: Will there be any activities on Sunday?
A: No activities are planned for Sunday.
4. Q: Will there be time for the competitors to practice? If so, what are the times?
A: Yes, on Saturday, competitors practice hours are 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Saturday, competitors practice hours are 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
5. Q: What time will registration/ticket purchase open and close on Friday and Saturday?
A: Registration will open on Friday at 2:00 p.m. and close at 11:00 p.m. Registration will open on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. and close at 11:00 p.m.
6. Q: When is the last day to register/pay by Mail?
A: The last day to register by mail is August 13, 2010.
7. Q: Can I pay by check card or credit card?
A: No, cash and checks will be the only form of payment accepted. We will only accept checks prior to August 13, 2010. If you are sending payment through the mail checks should be made payable to TRI-State Connection. NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER AUGUST 13, 2010.
8. Q: How much is the weekend pass?
A: A weekend pass is $70.00 in advance and $75.00 at the door. For a full listing of the prices, i.e., seniors, youth, day passes, please click on the Attend TRI-State link.
9. Q: What is included in the $70.00 entrance fee?
A: The $70.00 entrance fee includes entry into the competition for Friday and Saturday night only.
10. Q: Can I pay for my ticket in advance?
A: Yes, you can pay for your tickets in advance by contacting one of the members of TRI-State Connection or by mailing your check to TRI-State Connection, 1310 Kennedy Street, NW, Washington, DC 20011. Please make check payable to TRI-State Connection.
11. Q: If I want to purchase a table for the weekend, who should I contact?
A: You can contact any of the members from TRI-State Connection.
13. Q: Will there be Vendors at this event?
A: Yes, for a listing of vendors, please check with us frequently for an updated list of vendors.
14. Q: What is the room rate per night at the Sheraton Premiere at Tyson’s Corner Hotel?
A: The discounted room rate per night is $89 before August 20, 2010. Please reserve your room under TRI-State Connection to receive the discounted rate.
15. Q: What is the nearest airport to the Sheraton Premiere Hotel at Tyson’s Corner Hotel?
A: Dulles Airport is the nearest airport and is approximately 15-20 minutes from the Sheraton Premiere Hotel. BWI and Reagan National airports are considerably further from the hotel.
16. Q: Is there any transportation available from the Airport to the Hotel?
A: There is no free shuttle service available from the Airport to the Hotel. However, transportation is available via cab or shuttle service.
17. Q: Can I sponsor a category? If so, who do I contact?
A: Yes, to be a sponsor, please contact Marcia Foster at (301) 773-5008.
18. Q: When is the last day to send payment to be a Sponsor for this event?
A: The payment for Sponsorship should be postmarked by August 20, 2010.
19. Q: Is there a dress code for this event?
A: There is no dress code.
20. Q: Are you planning to post the results of the competition on the website?
A: Yes, contest results will be posted under the Contest Results link within a week of the competition.
21. Q: Can we purchase a video of the competition?
A: Yes, there will be a form at the competition for you to fill out to purchase a video.